Milton & Amy
Yep, that’s us just moments after tying the knot on a beautiful winter’s day in Byron Bay. It’s also hard evidence that a boy from London and a girl from Sydney’s Inner West can be set up on a blind date and end up married!
We’ve photographed hundreds of weddings so when it came to our own big day we thought it would be a breeze. But how wrong we were! The experience of living through our own wedding day was simply surreal. The nearest thing we can compare it to is skydiving for the first time. You think you know what it’s like from watching other people do it but nothing can prepare you for that moment when you throw yourself out of a perfectly good aircraft! Nerves, fear, elation and exhilaration ensues and before you know it you’re back on the ground with a massive smile on your face and wanting to do it all again. So if we can offer you a hot tip, it’s to remember to look around and take in as much as you can before the day is over.
We see every wedding as a new opportunity to observe and capture how two humans celebrate their love for each other. We don’t do super awkward posing and we don’t have any preconceptions or expectations of what you should wear, what your day should be like, or if you should have a cake (although if we’re honest a New York style cheesecake will guarantee you legend status), so whether you’re keeping with convention or breaking the rules just be the naturally amazing people you are and everything will be just dandy.
We’ve just relocated to Canberra and are super excited at the prospect of shooting weddings in the nation’s capital as well as in the gorgeous, natural surrounds of the southern highlands and south coast, but we’re always keen to explore further afield so please tell us about your part of the world!
We have limited availability for 2019 and 2020 is filling up fast, so to have us document your day please get in touch asap, we'd love to hear from you!
Thank you for being such amazing photographers! We have so many photos that we absolutely adore and your lovely personalities made us so relaxed on the day. Thank you again for all the photos that we'll treasure for a lifetime!
/ hannah & oliver /
Accolades for Milton Gan
- NSW President: Australian Institute of Professional Photography 2014-16
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2018
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2017
- Silver Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2017
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2016
- Silver Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2016
- Gold Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2015
- Gold Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2015
- Finalist: Head On Photo Festival 2016
- Featured Artist: Capture Magazine - The Annual 2016
- Featured Artist: Capture Magazine - The Annual 2015
- Exhibited Artist: Head On 2016 @ NSW Parliament House, Sydney
- Exhibited Artist: AddOn Photo Exhibition 2016 @ aMBUSH Gallery, Sydney
- Exhibited Artist: AIPP NSW Award Winners @ aMBUSH Gallery, Sydney