Yep, that’s me just moments after tying the knot with my beautiful wife Amy on a gorgeous winter’s day in Byron Bay. It’s also proof that a boy from London and a girl from Sydney can be set up on a blind date and end up married!
We had an absolute blast but, as they say, the day goes by really fast. So if I can offer a tip for your wedding day, it’s to remember to hit pause, look around and take in as much as you can before the day is over.
That being said, it’s impossible to see every moment that happens on your wedding day and that’s where I come in. I have the experience of photographing over 300 weddings and my photojournalistic style means I’m discreet (often blending in amongst your guests) and documenting the day as it naturally unfolds, from the excitement and nerves while getting ready through to the wonderfully entertaining shapes you and your guests will inevitably be cutting on the DF!
The benefit of my hands-off approach is that you can simply forget about me (don’t worry, I won’t be offended) and get stuck into enjoying the day without any fear of being asked to get into super awkward poses. But if you need a hand folding a pocket square or pinning a buttonhole I’ve got your back.
I also love that every wedding is unique, so whether you’re also keeping with convention or breaking the rules and ditching the cake, it’s all good with me (although a New York style cheesecake will guarantee you legend status, trust me on this).
I often pinch myself when I realise that I’m part of the vibrant Australian wedding industry and get to spend my weekends at fantastic venues surrounded by amazing humans having fun times. But then again my advertising agency background was a very similar social environment and has certainly influenced the way I compose, capture and edit my images. So perhaps it was always meant to be.
This year has been particularly exciting as Amy and I relocated to Canberra and I’m super excited to be shooting weddings in the nation’s capital as well as spending more time in the gorgeous, natural surrounds of the Southern Highlands and South Coast. But I’m always keen to explore further afield, so wherever you’re having your big day, please get in touch and tell me about your part of the world.
Thank you for being such an amazing photographer! We have so many photos that we absolutely adore and your lovely personality made us so relaxed on the day. Thank you again for all the photos that we'll treasure for a lifetime!
/ hannah & oliver /
Fancy official-sounding stuff to convince you I’m really good
- NSW President: Australian Institute of Professional Photography 2014-16
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2018
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2017
- Silver Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2017
- Silver Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2016
- Silver Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2016
- Gold Award: AIPP Australian Professional Photography Awards 2015
- Gold Award: AIPP NSW Professional Photography Awards 2015
- Finalist: Head On Photo Festival 2016
- Featured Artist: Capture Magazine - The Annual 2016
- Featured Artist: Capture Magazine - The Annual 2015
- Exhibited Artist: Head On 2016 @ NSW Parliament House, Sydney
- Exhibited Artist: AddOn Photo Exhibition 2016 @ aMBUSH Gallery, Sydney
- Exhibited Artist: AIPP NSW Award Winners @ aMBUSH Gallery, Sydney